Subject: Re: Requesting an updated in-depth tutorial on NetBSD installation
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Jansey <kangawoosa@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/17/2006 21:13:46
I appreciate the effort immensely, but I'd like a brand new,
user-written tutorial that takes full advantage of what the new
incarnations of NetBSD have to offer. Both of these articles are two
years old. I'm looking for a Linux-specific installation method that
teaches users not only how to install the NetBSD operating system on a
Compact Flash card, but a little info on general use such as obtaining
applications off the web, configuring X, and the like. Think NetBSD
for Morons. Beyond the initial installation process, my goal is to
have a simple setup, complete with GUI and basic PDA functions, that
your average Joe Shmoe could use without too much trouble and a
tutorial on how to reach exactly that.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit demanding. I just don't want this device
to fall to out of date info now that it has a hefty load of brand new
users. Long live the Jornada!