Subject: Re: Please help with testing jornada patch
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 02/27/2006 16:46:05
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 06:25:56PM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 15:36:03 +0100, Peter Postma wrote:
>
> > - Battery status is more accurate.
>
> In apm code you need to or in the charging status.  I.e.
>
>     if (j720pwr_get_charge_status(ctx) == 0)
>         state |= APM_BATT_FLAG_CHARGING;
>               ^^

Yes, but then the apmdev code will never show it... see the if-else-if's in apmdev.c
around line 902, maybe we should fix that? (to check for the charge flag first?)

> Oh, and why don't report actual percentage instead of doing in 10%
> steps?  (c.f. j6x0pwr)

With a formule? That's how it's done in the current code, but it doesn't work
very well. You can see this in the battery_table, the difference between 100 and
80 percent is only 10, but the difference between 40 and 20 percent is 70.
I've got the values from checking when the status changes in winCE and then quickly
boot to netbsd and check the value there.
I'm not sure if other people also noticed this, but I did noticed it with two
different batteries.

> Thanks.  Great work!

Thanks.

--