Subject: Re: RFC: cleaning up j720ssp.c
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 02/26/2006 23:28:21
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 01:49:52AM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> I have the conversion ready.  I'm waiting for the hpcmips part to be
> tested, and then I'll commit.

I saw that you've committed the changes... thanks.

I've updated the j720pwr.c and tested it and it seems to work fine now.
Patches are updated and available at the same place.

I had to make a small change to hpcapm.c, removing the include
machine/autoconf.h. I don't think that will affect the other hpc ports
but I'll cross-compile them to be sure.

And there's a minor compatibility problem... the apmdev device uses
a different major number from the apm device, so users will need to
create a new device node. I've created a new major file
(hpcarm/conf/majors.hpcarm) for this (arm/conf/majors.arm32 didn't feel
right). A new apm binary is also required to query the status.

So maybe this should be noted in src/UPDATING and/or -current-users.

--
Peter Postma