Subject: Re: Current port status on J720?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Blatt <michael.blatt@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/18/2006 11:21:38
> When I was young, I did this (minus dillo, which didn't exist) with
> 8 MB, although on a Motorola 68030  CPU and with a 3 or 4 bit deep
> planar framebuffer.

I remember using Linux with X on a Psion Series 5mx (ARM7, 36Mhz, 16MB
RAM) back in my younger, more foolish days.
Just wondering how NetBSD compares in RAM usage. Right now I'm running
Familiar Linux + Opie on my Jornada, and the RAM usage is fine. But
since the 728 has 64MB I thought I'd check.
As far as WMs go, DevilVM
(http://n.ethz.ch/student/dobinr/devilwm/index.html) sounds like a
good idea.
Porting Opie or even GPE would be great, but I'm no good as a C/C++
coder, so I'll keep quiet :-)

So, NetBSD-3.0 (release) is cross-compiling at the moment. Just trying
to get a feel for it. So far it's similar enough to OpenBSD that I
don't have to look too hard.
I didn't see any mention of 3.0 on hpcarm, mind you. Guess I'll find
out whether it works once I have a 1GB CF card in hand.

M.