Subject: Re: RFC: cleaning up j720ssp.c
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/18/2006 08:07:28
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:04:40PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:22:51PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> >
> > True, but ISTR the only real difference is the memory controller.
> > sa1100 uses EDO, the sa1110 SDRAM.
>
> I think the offsets of the serial port slots etc. are completely
> different.  Maybe even the serial port register spacing...

I'm sure the internal serial ports were the same, but anything external
will have to have completely different addresses (and separation) due to
the part of the address bus that is avaiable externally.

I know I had to support 16550 uarts with the registers at different
spacings....

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk