Subject: sshfs alternative for Jornada 720?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Travis Poppe <tlp@liquidx.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/17/2006 10:47:48
Hello,

I was recently doing some thinking about how I might access my data at home
from a friend's house or something while using my Jornada 720. Perhaps some
of you on the list might have already tackled this problem?

FreeBSD recently got a port of FuseFS+SSHFS, which allows you to mount a
remote filesystem on another machine via ssh so long as you have ssh access
to it. This would be ideal, but I don't believe NetBSD has FUSE support yet.

Are there any encrypted/secure alternatives to this on NetBSD that would be
usable on the J720? NFS would be fine for the device while at home, but not
from remote locations.

Thanks,
--
Travis Poppe