Subject: Re: Using Hitachi 4GB Microdrive
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Danter <richard.danter@ntlworld.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/17/2006 17:42:45
Ignatios Souvatzis said the following:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 05:12:58PM +0000, Richard Danter wrote:
>
>>Ignatios Souvatzis said the following:
>>
>>>Don't know about the J72x, but I have tried a 1GB IBM Microdrive
>>>in a J820 (with Windows CE 2.11) and found that it worked fine,
>>>and that network worked fine, but that network + drive at the same
>>>time didn't work - apparently the power provided isn't sufficient.
>>
>>Ah, that could be the problem. Since WinCE does not recognise the 4GB
>>microdrive it may be no use then as I think I would have to boot off of
>>another CF card.
>

> wait. "microdrive" (as in: CF-format rotating disk) or Real CF?
>
> 	-is

I want to use a real "microdrive" in the CF slot.

Since WinCE does not seem to recognise it I was thinking I could use a
real CF (flash) card in the PCMCIA slot (with adapter) to boot NetBSD
from but then have it mount it's root FS from the microdrive.

That way I figured I could remove the CF card once it has booted and use
the PCMCIA slot for network.

Rich