Subject: RFC: cleaning up j720ssp.c
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Postma <email@example.com>
Date: 01/17/2006 15:30:21
j720ssp.c contains drivers for the touch-panel, keyboard, lcd control
and battery status. I'd like to split this into multiple files, because
it's a bit messy now and having each driver in a separate file is much
cleaner. It will then also be easier then to improve the drivers (e.g.
changing keyboard driver to use hpckbd(4)). This is what I propose:
- j720kbd.c - keyboard driver (using hpckbd(4))
- j720lcd.c - lcd contrast/brightness/power control
- j720pwr.c - power management (using hpcapm(4))
- j720tp.c - touch-panel driver
- j720ssp.c - SSP interface (parent to the above drivers)
The last file might possibly be moved to arm/sa11x0/sa11x0_ssp.c (plus some
general functions to access it?) because the SSP seems to be part of
the SA-1110 according to the Intel docs.
Also, we might rename j720 to j72x or even j7xx because the 720 is not
the only supported model.