Subject: Re: Current port status on J720?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/17/2006 15:52:40
On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 19:56:33 +0000, Mark Kirby wrote:

> > I think this is a great idea. I have recently ordered a J720 but
> > have not yet received it. I too have been reading through the list
> > archives so I'll be well prepared when I get it. It would be nice
> > to have all of this information in one centralized/official
> > location.
>
> Well the NetBSD wiki was started for this purpose. Most of the port
> pages and hardware lists are out of date on the main site.

Then why don't start a new NetBSD fork each time some piece of NetBSD
*src* has a bug or is out of date?  I don't mind wikis, but if the
port page is out of date the right thing to do is to send-pr the
chagnes that bring it up to date, not start a wiki.

> So if people start adding content to the wiki it will be a good
> resource.

If people start submitting changes to the port page via send-pr it
will be a good resource too.

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen