Subject: Re: Current port status on J720?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Travis Poppe <tlp@liquidx.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/16/2006 12:36:15
On Monday 16 January 2006 11:41, michael.blatt@gmail.com wrote:
>  First post here :-) but I've been reading the archives a fair amount.
>  I think we need a sort-of-centralised resource to summarise what works and
>  what does not on the Jornada 720. It is my impression that this is the
>  device most of us here are using.

I think this is a great idea. I have recently ordered a J720 but have not yet
received it. I too have been reading through the list archives so I'll be
well prepared when I get it. It would be nice to have all of this information
in one centralized/official location.

I've noticed mention of a modified/updated keymap for the J720 to make the
keys work as they should. Is this included by default, or is this something
the users will have to go find themselves? Is it still needed?

And, has there been any recent interest in developing audio support? This
would be a nice gem to have as large collections of music can be accessed via
shoutcast stream or a remote network filesystem/etc. I know Linux has this
support, and the specifications are supposedly available, but I don't know
anything about driver development.

I also have a somewhat offtopic question. I'd like to purchase a 1GB flash
card for use with the J720. I'm reluctant to purchase one as of yet because
I'm afraid I'll order the wrong type, if there are multiple types. Could
anyone clarify this and possibly provide a model number/URL? I don't know
much about CF.

Thanks,
--
Travis Poppe