Subject: Re: Current port status on J720?
To: Michael Blatt <michael.blatt@gmail.com>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/16/2006 17:26:03
On Monday 16 January 2006 17:13, Michael Blatt wrote:
> Yes, -STABLE is more like it. I wouldn't try -CURRENT since I have
> little experience with NetBSD (I'm mostly Solaris and FreeBSD).
>
> > > 5. Xhpc works as an X11R6 server. Maybe the X config file could be
> > > shared, to help users save time.
> >
> > There is no config file as far as i can tell.
>
> Do you mean Xhpc can recognise the hardware and act accordingly?

Only the jornada 720/728 have a working X server so there is no point havin=
g a=20
config file as the hardware is allways the same. Whether the server is hard=
=20
coded (probably) or discovers the hardware itself i dont know.

> > 512MB will be big enough for NetBSD + X and a few apps
>
> OK so I guess my 256MB card won't cut it, so I'll buy a larger one and
> try it out.

I have a 1gb kingston flash card. Which was the same price as some 512MB ca=
rds=20
=A342 from www.ebuyer.com.

> Thanks for the response.
>
> Michael