Subject: Re: jornada 720 international keyboard layout
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/19/2005 14:58:24
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 12:42:28 +0200, Adam Pribyl wrote:

> > Isn't ABB the EU/english layout? That is the one I mean with
> > "international layout".
>
> This ABB is more or less SE/swedish layout, but is - with different
> labels on keys used probably for other languages than english too.

No, #ABB is HP's code for International English.  You are confusing
"physical" layout (geometry) and "logical" layout (keycaps).

Check http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/keyboard.html that
have a bunch of layout pictures for 680 and 720.  And check how they
are handled in hpcfb (sys/dev/hpc/hpckbdkeymap.h), where _keytrans
tables describe geometry, and _keydesc tables describe layout.

BTW, real Swedish (or rather, "Scandinavian") layout is:

    http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/photo/jornada680-sv.jpg

> Please see these two pictuers:
> US http://handhelds.org/%7Echicken/jornada_720/dscf0054.jpg
> ABB http://www.lowlevel.cz/log/images/keyboard.jpg
>
> There is one more key in 2nd, 3rd and 4th row, also ?/ beside space
> on US layout etc. They are deffinitely not the same.

Surely they are not, the first one is #ABA, the second one is #ABB.
Note that the original mail refered to an #ABB picture from my
collection of layout photos:

    http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/photo/jornada680-intl2.jpg

not an #ABA picture:

    http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/photo/jornada680-us2.jpg