Subject: Please, test an hpcfb fix
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org, port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/04/2005 05:32:51
I've fixed (in current) an issue with hpcfb not passing r/g/b widths
and positions to rasops correctly for 16-bit framebuffers (arguably,
rasops15 should use sane defaults).  If you have a machine with 16-bit
framebuffer, please, test that console colors are working correctly
for you.

The fix is in sys/dev/hpc/hpcfb.c rev 1.33

If you have options WSDISPLAY_CUSTOM_OUTPUT you can simply try

    $ wsconsctl -dw msg.default.fg=red	# etc

Please, send replies directly to me.  I will request pull up to 3.0,
and we'd better fix any fallout before the release.

On hpcsh it fixes the issue with very dark console colors (another
bug, incorret endianness setting, contributed to that effect).

Thanks.

SY, Uwe