Subject: thanks for your wise advices!
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guillaume Tessier <g_tessier@orange.fr>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/02/2005 21:56:12
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post and led me to the right way!

* sync cable
That right : the docking cradlle is needed to use the sync cable usb. As
i do not have this device : the choice is clear!

* compact flash
about windows ce : yes i t transfered windows binaries with my cf but i
couldn't run them onto windows.... i tried both SH3 and ARM. The install
process for win binaries is tricky as you need to use another win box
and install the binaries within an apps named ActiveSync through the
sync cable...

* netbsd
i checked matchbox and it looks excellent.

I also checked the repository ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcarm/
Do we need to build the whole system on the jornada? It might take days!
If the lill'machine doesn't burn after some hours!

* about sound/audio
Kind of app i'd definitely enjoy to use (except from ansi and compilers)
is audio apps.
Of course not ROsegarden, but little drumboxes...
But i read audio doesn't work on netbsd onto jornada... is that right?

Mates, thanks again for your wise advices!

PS : by the way, sorry not replying to my post the correct way, but i
never used majordomo before.
I tried through pan newsreader with different url's but couldn't get
anything....

Guillaume