Subject: Re: Re: no local console on Jornada720
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: None <otto.waltari@kolumbus.fi>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/07/2005 13:37:25
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 18:42:36 +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 03:58:23PM +0200, Jost Menke wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Thanks a lot, that solved the problem! I already read about the
> > > japanese thing in older mails, but I assumed that the bug would
> > > have been fixed by now and didn't try it out.
>
> Can you give my hpcboot a try and report if it worked (with US
> layout)?
>

> > One thing I'll ask you, if you can, is a precise layout of your
> > keyboard.  I'm planning a big change in the way the keyboard layouts
> > are handled, but it's easier when I can see what keys are there and
> > which are not.  So far I did the US/UK keyboard (which I have on my
> > 728), and the FR one.  Doing the others is possible but...  rather
> > mind-twisting.
>
> I believe that 680 and 720 series use the same keyboard parts, so you
> can use this for reference:
>
>     http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/keyboard.html

Don't know about the others, but atleast that scandinavian 680 layout
differs from my 728 layout. Semicolon and colon are shifted from dot
and comma, while greater and less than are in meta z and x. Also the
numpad is one step to the right, but I guess no one except
secretaries use it :)

I made an almost fully functional xmodmap for the scandinavian (Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish) keyboard.
Poke me if you'd like to have it.

> SY, Uwe
> --
> uwe@ptc.spbu.ru                         |       Zu Grunde kommen