Subject: Re: no local console on Jornada720
To: Jost Menke <cyberlab@gmx.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/06/2005 18:42:36
--7vLGWvOrvbSM0Ba8

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 03:58:23PM +0200, Jost Menke wrote:
[...]
> Thanks a lot, that solved the problem! I already read about the japanese
> thing in older mails, but I assumed that the bug would have been fixed by
> now and didn't try it out. Hope the other problems (extremely bright disp=
lay
> after reset, reboot doesn?t work) will also be fixed soon.

Don't hold your breath on it.

Oh wait, you said reboot doesn't work for you?  I noted that problem but
some other hpcarm owner didn't confirm it.

You should note that "reboot -q" will work.  What happens is very weird.

Can you break into ddb once reboot is stuck?

> OK, time to experiment further, definitely a cool thing to have all the
> tasty BSD stuff right in your pocket ;)

One thing I'll ask you, if you can, is a precise layout of your
keyboard.  I'm planning a big change in the way the keyboard layouts are
handled, but it's easier when I can see what keys are there and which
are not.  So far I did the US/UK keyboard (which I have on my 728), and
the FR one.  Doing the others is possible but...  rather mind-twisting.

--=20

--7vLGWvOrvbSM0Ba8

--7vLGWvOrvbSM0Ba8--