Subject: Re: no local console on Jornada720
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Jost Menke <cyberlab@gmx.de>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/06/2005 15:58:23
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 01:46:53PM +0200, Jost Menke wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I?ve got netBSD 2.0 running via NFS on a Jornada720 (german version),
> but I
> > don?t have any console on the device itself. It just keeps showing the
> last
> > screen of hpcboot. I can watch the boot process on a serial console and
> > can also access the device via SSH, but local screen & keyboard are
> dead. I
> > already recompiled the kernel, but no difference.
>
> In hpcboot, choose the Japanese entry for Jornada 720.  It is a known
> problem, and AFAIK, Valeriy has a fix for it, but hpcboot has yet to be
> recompiled and the new version checked in.
>
> --
> Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net - cube@NetBSD.org
> "When I find the controls, I'll go where I like, I'll know where I want
> to be, but maybe for now I'll stay right here on a silent sea."
> KT Tunstall, Silent Sea, Eye to the Telescope, 2004.

Thanks a lot, that solved the problem! I already read about the japanese
thing in older mails, but I assumed that the bug would have been fixed by
now and didn't try it out. Hope the other problems (extremely bright display
after reset, reboot doesn´t work) will also be fixed soon.

OK, time to experiment further, definitely a cool thing to have all the
tasty BSD stuff right in your pocket ;)

Best wishes,
Jost

--