Subject: Re: Re: Perl 5.8.6 in pkgsrc perl58
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: None <otto.waltari@kolumbus.fi>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/29/2005 07:07:48
Sorry for a little delay with the response.

> I added this to /etc/mk.conf

That's what I meant, overriding predefined stuff with custom lines in
mk.conf.

> COMMONCFLAGS?=-O1 -pipe
> COPTS:=${COMMONCFLAGS} ${COPTS:C/-O[0-9]*//g}
> CFLAGS:=${COMMONCFLAGS} ${CFLAGS:C/-O[0-9]*//g}
> CXXFLAGS:=${COMMONCFLAGS} ${CXXFLAGS:C/-O[0-9]*//g}
>
> guess its to do with the optimizations of the binarys not working
> correctly with the higher settings like otto waltari was saying.
> Anyone come across similiar problems in other pkgsrc applications?

I don't know what it depends on, but I just read about that -O2
doesn't give any big advantages instead of -O1. I'm not that much into
software that I could argue about the pros and cons.