Subject: Re: X keymap (xmodmap) for the German HP Jornada, around?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/17/2005 15:24:52
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:18:23 +0100, Hernani Marques Madeira wrote:

> Has someone, using a German HP Jornada, a "fully-featured" X keymap?
>
> I think it's better to ask than to (continue) to invent a second wheel, hum?

Speaking of inventing wheels, as both Jornada series use exactly same
keyboards I think hpcarm should be converted to use the same keyboard
maps that hpcsh uses.  hpcsh already has a bunch of national keyboard
layouts for console.  And it will also make it possible to share the
keymaps for X as well.  And the special case for hpcarm (that uses
non-pc scancodes) can go away in Xhpc.  Too bad we missed the 3.0
branch... :(

Any of developers actively working on hpcarm these days?  The changes
should be nearly mechanical.

SY, Uwe