Subject: Re: lcd contrast/brightness ioctl, gpe
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Lorant Toth <LorantToth@gmx.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 10/27/2004 01:26:11
Ok, after actually running on the J720 the pygtk stuff i wrote on the
desktop I am not convinced anymore that using pygtk is such a good idea
to a few simple GTK PIM apps... I just got too used to Python's
performance on newer PCs :) with pygtk2 it takes about 20 secs to load a
simple app but then the performance is ok and apps are usable. but load
times are kind of important especially for PIM stuff - the apps would've
been small and nothing like the GPE counterparts anyway...

So I will see and try to "port" GPE. As I said I could compile the libs
and a few applications but most of them do not run, I'll try to find out
why. Opie relies on a framebuffer afaik, so it would be harder to port -
sad b/c Opie has many useful applications.

Ohh, EuroBSDCon is so it seems in Karlsruhe where I study :) Anybody
there who'd like to meet some evening for a drink? :)

- Lorant