Subject: Re: hpcarm port broken
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 10/21/2004 14:54:34
rafael2k <rafael@riseup.net> wrote:

>> > Strange anyways. I'll investigate a little on that. Anyone else had this
>> > problem or was able to get -CURRENT to run on a Jornada?
>>
>> I've checked with the prebuilt kernels available from releng as well
>> with another selfbuilt -CURRENT. Unfortunately none of those booted
>>
>> further than:
>> | boot device: wd0
>> | root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
>> | root file system type: ffs <--- here it hangs.
>>
>> I don't know if anyone got any recent kernel to run. Either I'm doing
>> something terribly wrong or -CURRENT/2.0RC3/2.0RC4 seem to be broken on
>> the hpcarm port. Would be nice if someone could confirm that before I'm
>> going to send-pr the problem!
>
> At least by now, I think hpcarm is broken.
> The last NetBSD instaled on my Jornada was a NetBSD 1.6 ZE I think.
> Can the problem be related with the base system?

Hmm, just this weekend I've walked someone through 2.0 installation
(October 13 sets from releng) and it worked.

I seems to recall people complained that kernel works if Japanese
model is selected in hpcboot, but hangs if US model is selected.

PS: I don't own a Jornada 7xx, so I can't verify that myself.

SY, Uwe