Subject: Re: X problems
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Yong-Jhen Hong <yongjhen@alqualonde.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/10/2003 09:21:34
Hello,

> Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
> > Last time I checked (1.6Z), it didn't work.  Haven't checked since.
>
> Hem. Lost patch or new bug? :o/
>
> I announced X working in this message:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcarm/2002/07/22/0005.html
>
> Everything I speak about in this message is in the tree now, I just
> checked it. So I'd suspect a brand new bug. Could you ktrace X and send
> me the result?

I tried 1.6ZE, as in your message, the X server works as well as stylus,
but not the keyboard.
I have a patch that generates enough key press/release events,
and a working keymap for Japanese keyboard.
http://www.alqualonde.org/~yongjhen/netbsd/patch-kbd
http://www.alqualonde.org/~yongjhen/netbsd/xmodmaprc

It would be nice not to use a keymap file at all, but I don't know what
is the right way to make X configured according to the platform and
machine type yet.

> Mmm... I also remeber that chmod 666 /dev/ws* helps a lot if you don't
> launch it as root.

yongjhen.