Subject: Re: how to configure a network card?
To: Rafael Diniz <rafael2k@terra.com.br>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@psi.cz>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 11/26/2003 19:12:58

> > Are you sure this card is supported by NetBSD? Which module do
> > you use on Linux?
>
> pcnet_cs
> the ne2000 compatible driver.

Looking at the Linux driver, there seems to be no special handling [*].
Perhaps it would be sufficient to add card information to

	sys/dev/pcmciadevs (and regenerate the pcmciadevs* headers)
	sys/dev/if_ne_pcmcia.c (entry to ne2000devs table)

IIRC you can find necessary information in Linux /proc. This is
the simplest thing to try, it only makes the driver notice and
pick up the card - it may or may not work...

	Regards,
		-- Jachym

[*] In fact, pcnet_cs doesn't seem to explicitly know about this model
at all.