Subject: hpcarm on iPaq 3900 series?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 11/17/2003 15:30:26
It looks like this mailing list hasn't been overly active, but I thought
I'd give it a shot...

I may be able to get my hands on a 3900 series iPaq for some pocket change
but I'm not sure I need another scheduling contact management toy; OTOH,
if it also ran NetBSD, I'd be much more tempted...

I can probably get the iPaq to try it out iff (1) I can do so without nuking
the WinCE install, and (2) I can at least attempt to get it to boot NetBSD
without an additional SD/MMC card and/or CF/PCMCIA adapter (I don't own any
SD media and don't want to plunk down money for the CF/PCMCIA adapters if
getting the iPaq running is going to take a lot of work).

I did see someone reporting success on a 3850 a while back, but most every-
thing else I've seen has been about the Jornadas... The specific model I
am curious about is the 3970, which is a 400Mhz PXA250, 48MB ROM/64MB RAM.

Please CC me on any replies as I'm not on the list...

Thanks!
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill