Subject: Viewsonic V37?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 10/06/2003 17:24:50
I recently got a ViewSonic V37... any thoughts on getting NetBSD
running on it? I tried the old netbsd-IPAQ20010708.gz kernel, but I
don't know if it's even trying to boot it. In hpcboot, I have the path
set to "\My Flash Disk\", filename "netbsd". Root filesystem is set to
"wd", serial console is enabled at 19200 baud. I've tried all the
choices in the machine type dropdown list. When I try to boot,
"--------HPCBOOT--------" is written to the serial port,
BOOT START
ARM architecture.
MemoryManager: LockPages
BaudRate 19200, ByteSize 0x8, Parity 0, StopBits 0

is displayed in hpcboot's Console tab, and I get two boxes in the
progress bar. Nothing happens after that, but hpcboot is still
responsive. I can tap "CANCEL" and run hpcboot again. The same thing
happens even if I put a nonexistent kernel name in the textbox, which
is why I'm wondering if it's even trying to read the kernel.

I'm in the process of building a cross compile toolchain, and will try
to make my own kernel (with options CPU_XSCALE_PXA2X0?)...