Subject: Simputer
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 08/13/2003 10:34:31
http://www.picopeta.com

I'm not subscribed to this list, but I thought perhaps folks working on
this architecture might find the Simputer interesting, too.

I arranged to buy two on Friday in Bangalore, at a significant discount.
I'm attaching their mail.  I'm sure they'd offer you the same price the
offered me.  I'd tell you what it is, but was asked to "treat it as
confidential", so I can hardly include it in a publicly archived message.

The folks at simputer.org hope this will be the volkswagen of
Indian computers.  I think we could do worse things than promote NetBSD in
India.

Mr. Srivats mentions an "expected [price] below Rs. 20,000".  That would
be about $450 and more than I'll be spending on the prototype models.
FWIW, I'd think the retail price of production models would be far less.

Regards,

--jkl

Hello Mr. Lowden:

Thanks for your mail and your confirmation to pick up 2 V3 BEL-PicoPeta
Simputers from us. We appreciate your noble objectives of wanting to
purchase Simputers, and gladly welcome you to PicoPeta on Friday, August
15th.
In terms of showcasing the product, we will have an advanced commercial
version of the Simputer (branded as the Amida Simputer) launched in India
in the next 3 months. This version will have colour and backlight besides
a sleek new package and a new end user software layer, and is expected to
be priced below Rs. 20,000.
Best regards,

Vikram Srivats

Manager - Customer Delivery
PicoPeta Simputers Pvt. Ltd.             Phone:+91-80-3618184/5/6
146, 5th Cross, RMV Extension            Fax:+91-80-3617568
Bangalore - 560080 India.                Email:vikram@picopeta.com
http://www.picopeta.com