Subject: kernel config file changes
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 06/12/2003 21:19:00
If nobody complain, I'd like to make some changes to kernel config
files:

1) Introduce a GENERIC file, which will not be used directly. JORNADA720
and IPAQ would include it and define what is really machine-specific.
(Just like sgimips works). This would avoid duplicating a lot of
configuration in the two file (or not duplicating: I just discovered
IPAQ had no mii support. Anyone tried to use a PCMCIA board in it?).

2) Introduce a PHYSMEM make option, which would specify physical memory.
Physical memory is not probed correctly, and this causes problems for
the Jornada 728 (which has 64MB, versus 32MB for the Jornada 720). For
now, the only way of using 64MB on a 728 is to patch the source file
where physical memory size is hardcoded. Specifying the size in the
config file is not perfect, but at least it's better.

3) Add JORNADA728, which would just define PHYSMEM to 64MB.

Comments?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org