Subject: Re: HP Jornada 720 or 728?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/16/2003 10:03:08
>>>>> "kh" == Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.drei@onlinehome.de> writes:

    kh> Does someone really use X on this kind of machine?

absolutely.  I had a MobilePro 800, an 800x600 screen, but I suspect
I'd want it on smaller screens too.  wscons scrolling is much slower
than X and an xterm.  You can have more than one xterm, while multiple
wscons screens historically doesn't work with all NetBSD revisions
except on i386.  Also with X you can have a virtual desktop with olvwm
or similar to help with the small screen.  Finally, there's emacs,
which is best with X because of i18n.

    kh> GUI mail clients? Anyone tried to run a web browser?

no.

My Linux-using friend says Opera is faster than links.  But it's
proprietary and there is no NetBSD package except for i386 and sparc.

    kh> 32MB would be really helpful, even crucial if you don't have
    kh> swap

yeah!

--
is anyone on this ML getting porn mail through the list?  It's getting
kinda annoying and my parents are getting angry considering i'm a