Subject: HP Jornada 720 or 728?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.drei@onlinehome.de>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/16/2003 01:46:45
Hi,

I'm looking for opinions about HP Jornada 720 vs 728. As far as I know
the main (single?) difference is the amount of possible RAM (32MB vs
64MB). The primary purpose of this machine would be e-mail and writing
(ASCII-)text. Does someone really use X on this kind of machine? GUI
mail clients? Anyone tried to run a web browser?
I suppose that's where the second 32MB would be really helpful, even
crucial if you don't have swap because of the storage medium (CF card).

By looking through the archives I found someone mentioning a problem
with NetBSD and memory above 32 MB on the Jornada 728; is this really
solved?

What else do people do with their HPCs?

ciao
     Klaus