Subject: Re: Splitting sa1111 support codes.
To: Charlie Root <is@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/26/2003 11:47:27
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:34:26PM +0200, Charlie Root wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 10:38:53AM +0100, David Laight wrote:
>
> > [1] I've written drivers for all the hardware on a SA1100/SA1101 system
> >     and looked at doing teh same for a replacement SA1110/SA1111 system
> >     that didn't get off the drawing board.
> >     (yes, I even got the VGA output of the SA1101 working in both modes...)
>
> Is this code public?

Not at the moment, I could ask the company concerned if you want
something specific - or I could just remember how to do it!

The system actually ran VxWorks - but none of the drivers are based
on any WRS code.  They don't give you much source, makes it slightly
harder to fix bugs in their code, I got rather fed up of patching
the binary image just after loading it (if you path the .o you forget
what you have done).  Even the source they give you isn't much cop :-)

I've also got a working driver for the Xircom ethernet+modem cards.
(OTOH those cards consume almost as many watts as the system backlight)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk