Subject: Re: audio.
To: None <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 02/07/2003 09:03:32
Herb Peyerl wrote:
>Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>  wrote:
> >
> > >So, anyone bothered to look at the audio on the jornada?
> >
> > Audio on the J7xx uses the Philips UDA1341 codec attached to the SA1111.
> >
> > We don't seem to have a driver for it in the tree.

>There is what appears to be some parts of a driver in dev/uda1341.c
>by ichiro@ichiro.org but I don't understand how it's all wired
>up and what it should be talking to.

I should have looked a bit harder.

It is written for the iPAQ, which talks to it using 5 GPIO lines and
some EGPIO lines for power control. It doesn't seem to be wired up to
any of the audio stuff yet.

There are several drivers under hpc* that ought to have been written
to use bus space functions. The MQ200 and UCB1300 drivers from hpcmips
as well as this one.

Robert Swindells