Subject: hacking Jornada 820: where to start?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Armijn Hemel <armijn@nl.linux.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/22/2003 17:33:02
hello,

I've got a couple of Jornada 820 machines, which I'd like to get working
with NetBSD (or Linux, I'm betting on two horses). So, I know some people
have got some stuff working, and I'd like to work on improving support.

Of course, I'm not a kernel hacker, but I do have the book "Design and
implementation of the 4.4BSD kernel". Now, let's say I'd want to work
on getting the PCMCIA to work, where would I have to start? Which files
in which directories would have to be altered? How much assembler would
be involved?

I do have one Jornada 820 here, which seems to be really dead and which
I can open up to see what's inside. Would that be useful?

I also happen to have the Windows CE Developer's Kit here. Dunno if
it could help me somehow...

armijn

   armijn@nl.linux.org | http://people.nl.linux.org/~armijn/ | Penguin Power
                 http://nl.linux.org/ | Alles over Linux