Subject: installing NetBSD on Jornada 820
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Armijn Hemel <armijn@nl.linux.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/22/2003 17:16:26
hello,

I recently took over administration in a lab and found about 6 Jornada 820
machines. Because they're not useful at all right now (collecting dust or
worse) and basically, no one cares (or even knows) about these machines,
I want to do some useful stuff with it.

I read that booting from a memory card is easiest, but, ehrm...I don't
think any of these machines has one...

What kind of cards have to go in there exactly? Could I alternatively use
a USB disk (you know, these pendrives) or won't that work? If not, what
kind of card should I get (size, etc.) and will the procedure as described
on http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcarm/howto-use.html work with the 820?

armijn

   armijn@nl.linux.org | http://people.nl.linux.org/~armijn/ | Penguin Power
                 http://nl.linux.org/ | Alles over Linux