Subject: tty question
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Avi Freedman <freedman@freedman.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/14/2003 17:09:11
I fear this may not be hpcarm-particular, but I'm trying to get an
Audiovox RTM-8000 GSM/GPRS modem (CF, with a PCMCIA-CF adapter)
going.

When installed, it says:

<timestamp> /netbsd: com0: at pcmcia0 function 0
<timestamp> /netbsd: : serial device
<timestamp> /netbsd: com0: ns16550a, working fifo

Sometimes it gives a "I/O window not allocated" message as well.

For /etc/uucp/ports, I have:

port mymodem
	type modem
	device /dev/tty00
	speed 19200

I can't cu -p mymodem or cu -p modem, but I can cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 19200

When I do, I get connected.  If I issue commands, the modem will
dial (caller ID is nice; just dial the home phone and the caller
ID of the GSM SIM shows up).

But I get no characters received.

I've poked a bit but can't see that NetBSD encourages ttyC0 creation;
at least not in the MAKEDEV that is installed.

Any help would be appreciated!

802.11 w/ Wavelan works fine, but having Verizon and Sprint 1xRTT, and
GSM/GPRS working on it would make the complete portable connectivity
solution!

Thanks,

Avi