Subject: Re: sa11x1_pcicreg.h vs. SA1101
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/17/2002 15:20:48
At Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:05:54 GMT,
Robert Swindells wrote:

> Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> >I might just be confused, but...
> >
> >sa11x1_pcicreg.h claims that:
> >
> >/* Register locations */
> >#define SACPCIC_CR      0x1800
> >#define SACPCIC_SSR     0x1804
> >#define SACPCIC_SR      0x1808
> >
> >yet the SA1101 developer's manual  claims that
> >
> >Base		PCCR register
> >Base+0x0400	PCSSR register
> >Base+0x0800	PCSR register (read only)
> >
> >.. should that file be named sa1111_pcireg.h, maybe?
>
> The register bitfields are different as well, as are the interrupt
> numbers generated by the PCMCIA interface.

It should be easy to absorb register location difference by writing
appropriate bus_space(9) functions.
I thought SA11x1 pcmcia code should be shared when I wrote the driver,
but I have no idea whether it should support both or not (i.e. provide
another driver) as I haven't checked the difference between SA1101 and
SA1111 carefully.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro