Subject: Re: 3.3V PCMCIA modem card
To: None <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
From: Mizuno Takafumi <takam@sd.starcat.ne.jp>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/16/2002 00:29:23
IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> At Mon, 09 Dec 2002 02:41:41 +0900,
> Mizuno Takafumi wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used PCMCIA Modem(build in mobile phone) card
> > that worked on only DC 3.3V on the Jornada 720?
> >
> > I put this card in PCMCIA slot. The messages then are :
>
> If nothing has changed recently, jornada720's PCMCIA slot always outputs
> DC 5V.  The hardware is capable of doing 3.3V and there are some code
> in /sys/arch/arm/arm32/sa11xx_pcic.c, voltage selection isn't implemented
> because of inability of the upper layer (i.e., /sys/dev/pcmcia).

I see. I found it's code in src/sys/arch/arm/sa11x0/sa11x1_pcic.c,
and src/sys/arch/arm/sa11x0/sa11xx_pcic.c, but I can't hack them (with upper layer).

I believe that voltage selection will be work. And if test patch has released,
I try it.

Thanks.

 <--- taka@ls-a.jp / takam@sd.starcat.ne.jp ----  --  -  -
<-- * A blessed luckstone * ---- -------- - --  -- ---  -  - - -