Subject: Re: Jornada 820 woes
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/12/2002 16:55:19
At Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:51:07 +0100,
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 02:16:47AM +0900, IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:
>
> > UART3 is mapped in initarm() in hpc_machdep.c, so this is not related
> > to WinCE.  Maybe J820 is using UART1 instead of UART3.
> > The reason I used a virtual address for sacom0 is to have console
> > output available from the beginning of the boot process.
>
> That's while WinCE is still running?

Some WinCE API is used while WinCE is running, IIRC.
If we defer console initialization until sacom_attach, which is called
from autoconf, we cannot use printf for debugging early stages of a
boot process, e.g. uvm initialization.

The problem is that the current implementation of hpcarm's
bus_space_map doesn't work until uvm initalization is done, and thus
creating IO page mapping in sacomcninit would be tricky.

For the J820 serial issue, I'd replace SACOM3_HW_BASE in hpc_machdep.c
to SACOM1_BASE and see if anything different happens.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro