Subject: Re: First Try at hpcarm installation files
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Mitchell <jmitchel@bigjar.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/09/2002 16:55:33
Hello,

I've made some improvements to the hpcarm distribution I've been working
on. I've compiled sysinst (sysinst-beta) and added symbolic links in the
ramdisk to keep sysinst happy. There might be some issues with it (see
below) so I wouldn't recommend trying it on a CF card that has data you
want to keep. The new files needed are:

JINSTALL.gz
sysinst-beta
termcap

They are in the same place:

ftp://www.rtgx.com/pub/hpcarm-dist/install-files

The steps to run sysinst are:

(after booting)
mount /dev/wd0e /usr/bin
TERM=vt220; export TERM
sysinst-beta

The issue that I'm having with sysinst is that whenever I run disklabel
(always in custom mode because my CF cards are too small) the partition
table gets wiped (all four partitions are set to unused). This has
happened to me in the i386 version so I might not be understanding the
disklabel process well enough.

I'm also going to try to compile a smaller version of init that hopefully
will allow for scripting the above. Any other suggestions?

Jason M.