Subject: Re: Jornada 820 woes
To: None <is@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/07/2002 15:57:12
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>I check "serial console", but get no output there, but some randomly
>noise is written to the lower 1/8 of the screen.

There may be a simpler reason for your serial console not working.

The address in the kernel config file for sacom0 is the virtual address
of the port under WinCE. Your J820 is running an older version of WinCE
than either the J720 or iPAQ, so may not be using the same VA.

I have got some local changes to sa11x0_com.c that make it expect the
specified address to be physical, but I had made them conditional on
hpcarm not being defined. I'll see if I can make them work for both.

Robert Swindells