Subject: Re: Jornada 820 woes
To: None <is@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/07/2002 13:41:26
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>so, I've set up an infrastructure for backing up/restoring the Jornada
>via PPP via the serial until my disk arrives, and decided to play with
>the provided hpcboot.exe and netbsd-JORNADA.gz

>I check "serial console", but get no output there, but some randomly
>noise is written to the lower 1/8 of the screen.

>What's wrong?

The Jornada 820 is very different to the 7xx series.

The CPU is the SA1100 instead of the SA1110, which shouldn't matter
all that much as they have the same built ports. They may be using
a different serial port on the 820 from the 7xx though.

The 7xx series have the SA1111 companion chip and a Seiko/Epson graphics
accellerator. The companion chip for the SA1100 was the SA1101, which
had VGA support built in.

PCMCIA support is partially handled by the companion chips, so CF cards
probably won't work without some hacking.

I have still got the PDFs for the SA1100 and SA1101 if anyone wants
copies. They seems to have gone from Intel's website.

Robert Swindells