Subject: Re: IBM Microdrive.
To: <>
From: Steve Clement <steve@ion.lu>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/05/2002 22:59:59
Jason Mitchell wrote:
> Electrically it will work in both locations. The Microdrive is a CF Type II
> card which means it is thicker than the Type I CF slot in the bottom of the
> 720. But if you remove the two screws that hold on the cover for that slot
> you can fit the Microdrive and it works just fine. You have the issue of
> holding it in place, but if you're not concerned about looks, electrical
> tape works just fine :)
>
> As for the PCMCIA slot, I can confirm that it works there as well (and with
> no modifications to the Jornada. You will need to but the PCMCIA adapter
> made for the Microdrive as most adapters for CF cards only support the
> thinner type I cards.

I can approve this statement I use a 1G Microdrive and it just works, I
wanted to go as far as redesigning a new cover for the bottom but I
couldnt be a*sed  to do it :)

chrs steve

P.S: When are the patches for X11 going to flow back into the tree, and
is the touchscreen patch from Emmanuel in the current kernel? Still
doesn't seem to work properly, stil got locking issues...

--
ION Network Solutions
Steve Clement