Subject: RE: IBM Microdrive.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Jason Mitchell <jmitchel@bigjar.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/05/2002 16:56:59
Electrically it will work in both locations. The Microdrive is a CF Type II
card which means it is thicker than the Type I CF slot in the bottom of the
720. But if you remove the two screws that hold on the cover for that slot
you can fit the Microdrive and it works just fine. You have the issue of
holding it in place, but if you're not concerned about looks, electrical
tape works just fine :)

As for the PCMCIA slot, I can confirm that it works there as well (and with
no modifications to the Jornada. You will need to but the PCMCIA adapter
made for the Microdrive as most adapters for CF cards only support the
thinner type I cards.

Jason M.