Subject: Re: APM and suspend mode
To: None <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/16/2002 22:31:11
[snip]

   Today, the APM driver si implemented as completely machine dependent,
   whereas all the interface between userland and kernel is indeed machine
   independent. In order to implement it for hpcarm, I had to duplicate
   some code which is already duplicated between i386 and macppc.

   Therefore, this surely deserve a rewriting. I missed the discussion
   about the new APM framework, where can I find it?

   --
   Emmanuel Dreyfus.                                        manu@netbsd.org
   X Window, c'est un millefeuille avec une couche de crème patissière, une

I don't know if there was a discussion, as such.  I believe something flew
by in source-changes where someone did an emulation of the Intel APM stuff
for a PPC based computer, or some such.  Jason T. commented about the
commit that this was a shame as there was a new infrastructure coming for
this sort of thing.  Someone else then commented that they hoped that
'asapm' and friends would still work.

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]