Subject: Re: APM and suspend mode
To: None <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/15/2002 19:41:49
   Hi

   I started working on APM, I did a quick implementation of the apm
   driver, and I can retreive the battery level.

   I'll commit this after I'll have done some cleanup, but I start thinking
   about suspend mode: did someone already think about this? What should be
   done exactly?

   --
   Emmanuel Dreyfus
   - Quel est le meilleur moyen d'accelerer un PC?

Neat....  On the Jornada, MS-WINDOWs CE reports the status of the backup
battery.  Does that also show status like the main battery???

I thought that there were mutterings about a new power management
infrastructure that was appearing some time soon.  I presume that the APM
in the Jornada isn't the same sort that is in Intel i386+ based systems.

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]