Subject: Re: SSP read with kernel thread (one more patch)
To: None <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/10/2002 23:42:11
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
>The interupt overhead shown by top drops to nearly zero, but I'm still
>not very satisfied with the way the system dehaves when I'm dragging a
>window in windowmaker (solid dragging enabled). But maybe it's just
>that the machine does not have enough horsepower to cope?

One thing that might help would be to map the screen as a couple of
1M sections. You will be generating a lot of TLB misses with it just
mapped as pages. What happens if you just drag outlines ?

There is hardware acceleration support in the display controller, but
I haven't seen any X server support for it anywhere.

Is Xhpc based on the original cfb/mfb code or on Keith Packard's
Xfb work ?

Robert Swindells