Subject: Re: Doom, Quake, mMosaic on Jornada...
To: None <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/04/2002 22:14:21
   Brad Spencer wrote:

   >I'v also included a compile of the sndserver, however given that the
   >Jornada does not have audio, yet [hint... hint...], this is less the
   >interesting.  HINT HINT...  [low, whispering, voice ....  port UDA1341
   >driver to the Jornada, someone, please ....]

   >ALSO NOTE NOTE: If you do try this, you will want to start the engine with
   >-nosound and probably -nocdaudio, as the Jornada does not have working
   >audio [more HINT...  HINT...]  and will drop core if you don't use the
   >-nosound argument.

   The driver itself needs to be broken out into a couple of parts, an MI
   part and one containing the iPAQ attachment code. Someone then needs
   to write code to attach it to the SA1111 Serial Audio Controller for
   the Jornada.

   It looks possible to make audio output work without SA1111 DMA, so it
   isn't all that nasty a job.

It is pretty much beyond my abilities.  It appears that the Linux folks
have something working from reading www.handhelds.org, but I wasn't sure
exactly what.  My brief trip into the Linux ARM CVS tree made me motion
sick.

   Nice work on the packages.

Thanks...  I hope to submit the	Xdoom and Quake stuff as a proper package
in the near future.

   Robert Swindells

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org