Subject: Re: More on the Jornada X touch screen problem
To: None <jvodan@telkom.net>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 08/28/2002 14:03:31
   The differences I can see, from your set up and mine are:
   The Kernel I downloaded is MERIDOC 7

Ya, version 8 is a better attempt at getting the Fn key working in console
mode.  I made it yesterday.  I finally understood what the Mode_switch key
was for and how it relates to the keycode tables in the kernel.  I'll be
putting it up on the site in a bit and doing another PR on this topic.

   The date of the binaries.
   On boot up I get  wsconscfg: WSMUX_ADD_DEVICE:Device not configured	This is
   after screen 4 is configured and doesn't show in dmesg

Now the above sounds like /dev/ issues.  On my system, the device files
are as follows:

meriadoc% cd /dev
meriadoc% ls -l ws*
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  73,   1 Aug 10 12:17 wskbd
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  61,   0 Aug 10 12:17 wskbd0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  61,   1 Aug 10 12:17 wskbd1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  61,   2 Aug 10 12:17 wskbd2
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  61,   3 Aug 10 12:17 wskbd3
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  73,   0 Aug 10 12:17 wsmouse
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  62,   0 Aug 10 12:17 wsmouse0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  62,   1 Aug 10 12:17 wsmouse1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  62,   2 Aug 10 12:17 wsmouse2
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  62,   3 Aug 10 12:17 wsmouse3
crw-------  1 root  wheel  73,   0 Aug 10 12:17 wsmux0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  73,   1 Aug 10 12:17 wsmux1
crw-------  1 root  wheel  73,   2 Aug 10 12:17 wsmux2
crw-------  1 root  wheel  73,   3 Aug 10 12:17 wsmux3
c-w-------  1 root  wheel  73, 128 Aug 10 12:17 wsmuxctl0
c-w-------  1 root  wheel  73, 129 Aug 10 12:17 wsmuxctl1
c-w-------  1 root  wheel  73, 130 Aug 10 12:17 wsmuxctl2
c-w-------  1 root  wheel  73, 131 Aug 10 12:17 wsmuxctl3

meriadoc% ls -l ttyE*
crw-------  1 brad  tty    60,   0 Aug 27 20:20 ttyE0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   1 Aug 27 20:10 ttyE1
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   2 Aug 27 19:30 ttyE2
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   3 Aug 10 12:17 ttyE3
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   4 Aug 10 12:17 ttyE4
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   5 Aug 10 12:17 ttyE5
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   6 Aug 10 12:17 ttyE6
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60,   7 Aug 10 12:17 ttyE7
crw-------  1 root  wheel  60, 255 Aug 10 12:17 ttyEcfg

meriadoc% ls -l console
crw-------  1 root  wheel  2, 0 Aug 28 13:52 console

Do the major, minor and permissions match??

   My Machine is a Singapore model Product ID F1816A AB4  and is about a year old.

   I have checked there is no difference in etc.tar from 10-Aug to 19-Aug
   aside from date stamps,
   I am currently downloaded base.tgz from 10-Aug to see what files differ and
   to try it.

   I am downloading the cross compiler stuff, so I can compile an X server
   with a few fprintf statements in the mouse routines to see if I can fathom
   what's going on.

Hmm...  I would offer to provide the X tree with all of the source and
object code all ready to go, but I fear that it would be too much for my
Net link to take.  However, I'll burn a CD-R for anyone who would like a
copy.  It wasn't too bad building a new Xhpc on the Jornada, if everything
else was already built.

[snip]

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org