Subject: Re: Jornada X touch screen problem.
To: None <jvodan@telkom.net>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 08/27/2002 19:45:51
   >Ya, I noticed this.  I wasn't sure of the cause, and I forgot about it
   >until you mentioned it.  One or both of the following things "cured" it:
   >
   >1) Make sure you start the X server in the following way:
   >
   >xinit -- /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0
   >

   >2) The permisisons on the /dev/ws* devices:

   Still no luck, I am using the netbsd binaries from the 19-Aug auto compile
   from rel-eng.netbsd.org
   with the MERIDOC Kernel and your X binaries.

   wsconsctl -m -a
   reports type=touch-panel

   James Vodanovich

   ---------------------------  Yang Mudah dan Menghibur ---------------------------------
    Hosting menjadi mudah dan murah hanya di PlasaCom. Klik http://idc.plasa.com
    F1 Mania!! Ikuti F1 Game di Obelix Game Corner di http://www.plasa.com/infotel/f1.html

Ya, that is what it reports here.  I have 'wscons=YES' in /etc/rc.conf.
My /etc/wscons.conf has this in it [and others]:

# screens to create
#       idx     screen  emul
# Screen 0 is already configured as console in most cases.
#  Uncomment if a serial console is used.
#screen 0       -       vt100
screen  1       -       vt100
screen  2       -       vt100
screen  3       -       vt100
screen  4       -       -
#screen 4       80x25bf vt100
# Note: You must uncomment the 'font    ibm' line above to get a useful
#       font for any 50 line screens.
#screen 5       80x50   vt100

My /etc/ttys files has this in it [and others]:

# serial port
console "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100-km        off secure

# Workstation console (framebuffer) ttys
ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100-km        on secure
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100-km        on secure
ttyE2   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100-km        on secure

I use this shell script to start X, using the X server I put up:

#!/bin/sh

XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority
export XAUTHORITY

xinit -- /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -auth $XAUTHORITY

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]