Subject: X on hp720.
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 08/17/2002 19:33:18
So I built a keymap file that closely approximates the scancodes
on the Jornada 720 and I can mostly type in an xterm...

I have some questions though...

after a few characters, or at some random time, and most specifically
after I press a ctrl-key, the control modifiers seems to stick. ie:
every character after that is sent as a control character.  'xev'
reports that press/release events are indeed received when I press
the 'control' key but the release never seems to make it into the
server or is ignored.  Any ideas?

How to deal with the touch-screen.  How is this normally done? It
looks like tapping on the screen with a pen gets both a mouse warp
and button press/release.  Is there just no way to get any other
sort of behavior so mark/past works in an xterm, or twm menus can
come up, or ??  I guess this is just a basic limitation of the
technology.

I must say, it _is_ pretty neat.