Subject: Re: Jornada 820
To: Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
From: Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 06/19/2002 11:14:14
Dear netbsd/hpcarm hackers,

I'd like to know how far you are with the NetBSD port to the Jornada 820,
and I need a comparison point with other hpcarm ports.

As said earlier, hpcboot reports CPSR :600000bf (which blob can confirm),
which looks suspects, for a kernel hacker tells me:
> 0x600000df is FIQs off, IRQs off, 32-bit OS mode, which is a "protected"
> privileged mode (you can't get to SVC mode iirc).

Indeed, my attempts with Linux all fail early after decompression
(but I've yet to locate precisely the catch).
[I chain from hpcboot into blob, which has a nice boot console on serial3,
and knows how to setup things for Linux.]

Can you get NetBSD to boot on the jornada820?
What is the CPSR reported by hpcboot on machines where it does boot?
Does anyone of you know how to go from mode 0b11111 to SVC mode (0b10011)?
I think I'm utterly confused, and would appreciate your help.

When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.
	-- Steve Hoflich on comp.lang.c++